Parenting 000: Dictatorship?
June 16, 2014
Has your child become a dictator? Here is a list of questions that you can answer to reveal if your child is “The Dictator.”
- Does your 9 to 12 month-old child sleep through the night?
- Do you feed your one-year-old or older child on demand including snacks?
- When you say “no,” does your child have a tantrum until he gets what he wants?
- Is your two-year-old still in diapers?
- Does your child negotiate with you until they get what they want (trick you)?
- Do you allow your child to play with “non-child-safe toys” (keys, phone, pens, pencils, nail files, pocket knife or what ever is in your purse or pocket)?
- Does your child choose when she will sleep?
- Are electronics used unlimited by your child?
- Does your child manage your time?
- Is your child “center stage” where ever you go?
Unless there is some medical or physical reason, the answer to all of these should be “NO!” If you as a parent allow your child the “office” of Dictator, they will certainly take it, run with it and maintain it as long as you allow!
Who is raising who? Who is the parent?